Senior Product Designer role
My client helps small business thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable and affordable. They are a B Corp and Australia’s first 100% carbon neutral delivery service, harnessing major courier networks to create a simple, user-friendly service that levels the playing field for small businesses.
They are a fast growing business with bold ambitions, a team full of passion, a team of self-confessed nerds and general geeks. Their work has an impact; by powering eCommerce logistics, their software is helping real-world businesses deliver real parcels to their customers; this is more than just records in a database.
Off the back of strong growth in Australia, they're now setting their sights on expanding into the US and more, so this is an opportunity to work in a high-growth startup with a solid foundation and be part of an amazing team.
They are looking for a smart and positive person to join as a Senior Product Designer, reporting to the Head of Product Design.
The role in a nutshell
Recognizing the importance of Design in driving the direction of their product, the Senior Product Designer helps lead a key product area, along with a Lead Engineer and Product Manager. Their key product areas focus on different parts of the customer journey and these three roles work together to execute strategy, make decisions and prioritize projects. By providing timely and accurate user experience and design advice this is your chance as a designer to shape the service.
A Senior Product Designer:
- Demonstrates product vision to help shape, and improve the customer journey for a key product area. They influence the user experience design, solution, and implementation to build customer trust in their service;
- Works with the Lead Engineer, Product Manager, and Product Owner; setting the direction, priorities, and goals of their key product area;
- Is responsible for knowing the customer pain points, struggles and journey within their product area’s focus;
- Is responsible for driving the design process, from research through to design assets, implementation quality, and release strategy within their product area
- Is involved in all stages of the design process, and happy to get their hands dirty by doing the work;
- Will guide and mentor more junior designers within their product area on design processes and skills;
- Will help manage the day to day workload and tasks for designers, and the quality of design output, within their product area;
- Works with leaders of other product areas to collaborate on the product development process and keep the alignment of projects and teams;
- Works with the rest of the Design Team to improve the overall look and feel, design consistency, standards and patterns
Your role will collaboratively work with customers, stakeholders and other internal teams to design and validate product features and hypotheses. You'll be working on projects that define, and solve, customer pain points and meet business goals.
What you’ll need (Qualifications)
- You are genuinely excited about solving real customer problems and can empathize with the user, you have an eye for detail and want to design a service that works beautifully for customers.
- You’ll have experience iterating on a product through multiple releases and feedback, as you drive towards an overarching vision.
- You are humble enough to listen, yet confident enough to ask questions and participate in decision making.
- You’ll thrive in a fast-paced, changeable environment. You’ll enjoy a minimum viable process (and may have built a process), and you look for ways to improve, save time and do things smarter.
- You’ll need to be a positive person who is diligent, has a 'never give up’ attitude and loves to focus on the detail.
- Working as a part of a team will be something you love, curious about how to connect with the ideas and knowledge of others to always be building better solutions and outcomes.
If this sounds like the role for you - PLEASE GET IN TOUCH! I would love to hear from you