- Melbourne, Australia (remote for now)
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Imy Eldergill-Storm
I have a brilliant permanent opportunity for a Product/Industrial Designer to join the in-house team of a high-growth business who are disrupting the home/sleep space. It would suit either an existing Head of Product Design, or a Senior Product Designer looking to take the step up.
- Applying strategic design principles across the end-to-end product lifecycle, you will lead the design and development of current and new products, from research, ideation, mock-ups and prototypes through to production processes and readying for manufacture.
- The role will be a mixture of designing and releasing new products and re-designing and upgrading existing products - you must have plenty of experience in designing, manufacturing and releasing to market products, and understand the psychology of the user, always designing to meet their needs.
- They are seeking someone with imagination, vision and creative flair, who also understands that this innovation must be scalable.
- You must have strong stakeholder skills and be able to communicate clearly, effectively and diplomatically.
- Experience from either product/industrial design consultancies and/or an innovative in-house environment. Although advantageous, you are definitely not required to have experience within the sleep sector!
- Technical expertise: strong skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD and 3D modelling software.
- As the first in-house product hire, this is a hands-on role; the intention is that you will begin growing this team in the first 12 months of the role, whereupon there will be opportunities for line/team management, but as a smaller business, this is always likely to be a hands on position.
This role is Melbourne based, although for now everyone is working remotely. If you're keen to apply, please send through your CV and Folio!