- Melbourne, Australia (remote for now)
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Imy Eldergill-Storm
A fast-growing business disrupting the sleep and home space are looking for a Product Specialist to come on board ASAP! They are looking for someone who can execute product changes in the textile design of their soft furnishings range, including sheets, duvets and pillowcases.
- Concept design - designing / sketching concept designs based on product feedback and planned product concepts
- Prototyping and sampling - creating in-house prototypes from concept designs
- Fabric sourcing - finding best fit textiles, locally and offshore
- Pattern making - exploring and sampling aesthetic finishes and designs
- Product assessment - analysis of current product range and identifying key problems to fix
- Colour and Style direction - an understanding of market trends and development of their product aesthetic style
You will be working on multiple projects and will be assisted by their project team which consists of project managers, designers and supply chain assistants.
You need the ability to work with a range of different textiles and create prototypes - cutting, sewing, pattern making, print. They do not currently have any local machinery available for use but will be able to source the capability for you.
This is a contract role of 3-6 months, full time with an immediate start. There may be an option to extend into a permanent role at the end of the term.
To apply, please send through your CV & Folio.