- Posted By:
- Zena Nicolson
An initial 3 month contract with scope to be extended within a high profile retailer for an experienced Product Lead.
Our client is a high profile retailer who recently launched an on-demand delivery business, predominantly focusing on the Melbourne metro region. This is a exciting new venture, being an entirely new business there is a great deal to discover. As part of the innovation team the product lead is responsible for the product sold via the delivery platform. They are accountable for maximizing the profitability of every basket sold by optimizing the product range, pricing, discounts and bundling.
He/she will also need to identify unmet customer needs and potential new products/categories for us to unlock with delivery capability.
Though working closely with category management teams, this role is not a direct buying role. The product lead will have access to suppliers via the product buying function.
In addition to deep thought, this person will be a doer. They will design and execute small scale experiments to validate whether products are successful or not.
Part of cross functional team. Home delivery business is a growth business project expanding to coverage of all-Melbourne metro over 3 months.
Significant flexibility to define the product strategy and execute experiments will be given, subject to food safety guidelines.
- The following skills, knowledge and attributes are required to perform the role:
- Intermediate analytics – must be able to interrogate data and draw insight, but will not be required to write code
- Some category management or buying experience, preferably in a consumer facing business, preferably FMCG or grocery.
- Opportunity identification: must be able to spot unmet need states and design compelling product solutions, then run real-world tests to validate the products’ success
- Business development: experience of identifying growth opportunities and exploiting them is critical
- Knowledge of the consumer goods sector would be preferable
- Entrepreneurship – as evidenced by start up experience would be preferred
- Rational-analytical mindset: must be able to articulate a point of view with empirical evidence in support
Please Email: email@example.com