- Sydney - initially working remote, then onsite from June 2020
- Negotiable based on experience
- Start date:
- January 2021
- Posted By:
- Kate Verran
Our client, a tech / saas company is looking for a VISUAL DESIGNER to join their team.
This role is offered as a 12 month fixed term contract, initially working remote, with the view to work onsite in Sydney from June 2021.
We are looking for an experienced candidate – ideally a Senior level or very strong Midweight-Senior.
This role offers a great opportunity to join a collaborative studio team, in which designers are involved at every step of a project—from gathering insights, brainstorming, prototyping, and experimentation to launching pixel-perfect designs.
Within this role you will be partnering with a Content Designer and Marketing stakeholders to plan and craft experiences that hit targets, but also strive to delight future customers and elevate the brand in every touch point.
• Execute design layout, typography, iconography, colour theory and composition to design experiences with artistry, creativity and mastery
• Conceptualise a broad spectrum of ideas and then narrow based on experimentation and customer research
• Collaborate and contribute effectively within design reviews (both giving & receiving), calling upon personal expertise, design rationale, customer data, and industry trends
• Become a domain expert in the intersection between online experience, marketing presence, product mix and business metrics
• Strategise and execute creative solutions, using a data-driven approach with commercial lens and CRO focus to deliver results that align to business objectives
Skills / Experience includes:
• 5+ years studio experience in Visual Design / UI Design, or related role
• Project experience encompassing digital and marketing-related design solutions, such as paid social ads, email campaigns, digital campaigns, marketing assets, websites, apps, dashboards etc.
• Strong business acumen and experience in partnering directly with marketers
• Highly collaborative, an effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
• Highly organised, ability to self-manage
Proven experience includes:
• Highly skilled with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe etc
• Experience working within design guidelines, design systems etc
• Agile, lean UX, and mobile first
• Forming hypotheses based on insights
• Conducting web experiments (AB testing / testing user flows etc)
• Understanding the relationship of visual, interaction, and content disciplines
INTERESTED? If this role sounds like it could align for you, I would love to chat further – please contact Kate - email@example.com and we can organise a time to discuss the details.
KNOW SOMEONE SUITABLE? Please feel free to share / forward this role to anyone you feel maybe a match. We have a great referral bonus and can hook you up with $$ for anyone you refer that we place into this (or other) roles.
LOOKING FOR A VISUAL DESIGN ROLE, BUT THIS DOESN'T ALIGN? I would love to assist, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume, portfolio or case study doc and an outline of what you are looking for.