- Sydney - mix remote & onsite work
- Negotiable based on experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kate Verran
We're looking for a SENIOR UX DESIGNER to join a high profile brand, for 6 month contracts, with a view to extend.
This role will be a mix of remote and onsite work, based in Sydney.
Within this roles you will be focused on connecting customers with exceptional service & value. You will do this by defining, designing and delivering digital experiences that are simple, that work, are personal and exciting; while also delighting customers, increasing revenue, and helping reduce business costs.
Within this role you will be collaborating within a multi-disciplinary squad (product owner, dev, content writer, producer etc...), as part of an Agile team and supported by a chapter of like-minded experience designers.
Please note you must have strong UX skills for this roles, while there is some level of UI involved, it is more of a focus on good quality UX.
Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills are also essential within this role.
The role will be reporting directly into the Product Design Chapter Lead.
The roles would be well suited for someone who thrives in both creative and technical environments, someone who understands how to balance customer centricity solutions with business objectives.
What a typical sprint will look like for this role:
- Collaborating with Product Owner and respective business partners to define future areas of focus for UX research and design
- End-to-end UX research including testing plans, participant recruitment, facilitations, synthesize and present finding/insights
- Collaborating with technical/CMS producers and Digital Designer to define new pre-built HTML templates and workflow/process improvements
- Designing new customer journeys and interfaces, from low-def to high-def artefacts including sketching, wireframing, interactive prototyping and visual design
- Delivery of digital assets adhering to Digital Style Guide, spec for all screen sizes (mobile, tablet and desktop) and platforms (Web & App)
- Updates to digital style guide and pattern libraries where needed, auditing and fixing web interfaces to ensure the highest possible standard of visual design across digital touchpoints
- Utilise UX Experimentation across your squad initiatives, guiding the team on well-defined hypothesis, prioritization framework and solutions to be tested.
- Apply user-centred design processes, usability heuristics, and evidence-based practices to design
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary squad to define problems, generate solutions, and formulate recommendations that will be socialized with stakeholders and leadership
- Facilitate discussions around your work and its iterations, including exploratory and collaborative working sessions with team members and partner stakeholders
What skills you’ll need:
- Clear communication of design rationale backed up with solid data and customer insight (quant/qual)
- The ability to create prototypes at various fidelity using tools like InVision, Figma, Axure etc
- Strong knowledge of HCD and accessibility standards
- Experience designing responsive web interfaces with high-fidelity screen designs tools (Sketch, Invision, Figma)
- Experience with Experimentation frameworks and tools (Optimizely and Google Optimise 360 would be an advantage)
- Solid history of working in a truly agile environment.
- A self-starter who collaborates with designers, engineers, product owners, business stakeholders, marketing and other teams in the company.
- Hands-on experience with service or product design processes, from problem definition through to detailed UI and visual design.
- Can iterate with low-fidelity sketches of workflows and translate those into beautiful high-fidelity designs using Sketch etc.
- Can challenge and contribute to a design system when necessary.
To be successful in this role you will
- Have a desire to work in an Agile environment – where we take it on, grow & value every voice
- Enjoy being hands-on and quick to mobilise
- Empower, collaborate, be solution oriented, and have a continuous improvement mindset
- Be flexible, adaptable to change and enjoy dynamic environments
- Attention to detail and willingness to go above and beyond to meet sprint goals
INTERESTED? If this role sounds like it could align for you, I would love to chat further – please contact Kate - email@example.com and we can organise a time to discuss the details.
KNOW SOMEONE SUITABLE? Please feel free to share / forward this role to anyone you feel maybe a match. We have a great referral bonus and can hook you up with $$ for anyone you refer that we place into this (or other) roles.
LOOKING FOR UX DESIGN ROLES, BUT THIS DOESN'T ALIGN? I would love to assist, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume, portfolio or case study doc and an outline of what you are looking for.