- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Amaraj Bansal
My client works with some of Australia's smartest entrepreneurs, business leaders and high growth, disruptive companies, creating and telling their stories so they can get on with the business of changing the world. They work across a diverse range of industries, both B2B and B2C, with everything from digital, tech, eCommerce, telco, hospitality, fitness, health, franchising, property, finance and ASX companies.
Their clients often comment on their strong work ethic, strategic approach and never give up attitude. They thrive on becoming part of their clients’ team, immersing themselves in strategy and creative ideas. Culture, learning and staff development are big priorities for them. They always enjoy welcoming new people into their team to join their exciting growth and journey.
You love the news, working in a fast paced environment, finding new opportunities and have a passion for storytelling and securing great media opps. You’ll be a creative and strategic thinker, who loves being organised and enjoys being at the forefront of industry trends and breaking news.
You’re well connected and have strong media relations skills that enhance your ability to keep your clients up to date with breaking news and industry trends. As someone who develops a great working relationship with your clients you also understand what matters to them most and work with that knowledge to produce the best possible outcomes.
This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the entire team, including senior management, in an environment that is hands on, highly driven and collaborative.
To be successful in this role and help us achieve our strategy, you will need to:
- Have a strategic viewpoint; thinking about the upcoming months and what you can do to move your client forward seamlessl
- Be commercially minded – and be looking to develop this further.
- Consistently think outside of plans to give your clients new and exciting ideas for campaigns that will hit business objectives and grow accounts organically.
- Look after a portfolio of around 8-10 clients; managing the teams’ hours and performance.
- Be able to lead on client work – understanding that you are the final checkpoint of most campaigns, and can steady the ship for the rest of the team when needed!
- Have a results focused approach to your work; ensuring client delight through deliverables.
- Have strong project management skills; be a master at juggling a number of projects at once; whilst instilling senior clients with confidence and motivating your team.
- Think with an ‘integrated mindset’, with experience in campaigns across media relations as well as social media, events and owned content.
- Manage junior team members; inspiring and driving them to reach their full potential.
- Be involved in your team’s development; helping identify opportunities to help them grow.
- Get your hands dirty; and be a real team player.
- 6+ years’ experience within the B2B and/or B2C Comms space.
- A strong, proven track record in either B2B and/or B2C Comms – you should however have a true passion for emerging technology and the space as a whole.
- Experience working with high growth, disruptive brands, understanding and being able to manage an entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent team leadership ability with true desire to motivate and develop a team
- Strategic and innovative thinking, both for clients and the agency
- Superb client relationship skills
- Experience of managing team hours – spotting over servicing and any issues which may arise from holidays etc.
- A solid network of media contacts across television, radio, digital and social
- An entrepreneurial outlook, with a strong track record of new business experience
- An ability to multi-task and keep your cool under pressure
What they offer:
- Flexible working environment. They understand that life doesn’t always fit around the 9-5; and that work/life balance is crucial.
- Ongoing professional development, learning & mentorship opportunities.
- Opportunity to get involved in community projects as part of the company commitment to positive change outside the organisation.
- Central location close to the Sydney CBD and within metres of public transport, fitness centres, shops and restaurants.
- A collaborative, results driven and friendly team.
- An exciting and rewarding long-term career, bringing constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you progress.
Contact me for a chat about this role on (02) 8667 8888 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org