- Posted By:
- Charlotte Flood
My client is an entrepreneurial PR agency, with global offices, services some very well-known tech clients! They are going through a brilliant period of growth, and as such are looking for a solid AM to join their team, in either Sydney or Melbourne.
As an account manager, your role is to drive your client accounts. You should be a capable and confident operator with a thorough understanding of the required media and communication skills and fully in control of the media tools available to create the required media coverage in all PR areas.
You are responsible for the execution of communication strategies and activities for your client accounts, ensuring that programmes and objectives are being adhered to, and that accounts are well organised, with an understanding of the budget implications of their actions.
- Play the central role in the team and take full responsibility for your clients and manage up to your manager
- Supervise AE’s and Interns activity and workload
- Liaise with the client and act as key point of contact in support of senior members of the team
- Delegate to junior members effectively
- Proofread all written material before it is submitted to the client
- Ensure all work is completed on time and within budget
- In-depth knowledge of the workings of the media landscape
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with key journalists
- Driving the media relations programme for clients as laid out in the agreed programme of activity
- Develop news angles and place stories in a cross section of print, broadcast and online media
- Proactively seeking and identifying publicity opportunities to ensure that the maximum level of coverage is achieved for your client, project etc.
- Proactively draft agenda for client and account meetings
- Build positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- In consultation with your Account Director, conceive and develop integrated communication strategies for a portfolio of clients
- Oversee implementation of communications plans including: research and idea generation; writing coherent and factually accurate press releases; writing well informed copy for trade corporate and business publications; interviewing case studies; managing clients’ social media accounts; writing awards; event management etc.
- Amending and improving press releases, internal copy for newsletters etc. drafted by account executives
- Prepare regular status and contact reports for clients
- Plan and manage events ranging from photo calls, press conferences, community events, training days etc. on behalf of clients.
- Participate in new business development
- Be confident in developing, and seek to prepare, proposals and pitches
- Seek opportunities to grow business with existing clients
This is an exciting role in a growing and fast paced PR agency, with some great benefits. This agency rewards its staff regularly and has a strong focus on career development. Contact me for a chat about this role on (02) 8667 8888 or email me at email@example.com