- Sydney based. Initially remote, future onsite / remote blend
- Job Terms:
- Negotiable based on experience
- Posted By:
- Kate Verran
Are you a passionate design practitioner with experience leading multi-disciplinary teams to deliver outstanding product, service and transformation initiatives? This role is for you!
Aquent have partnered with a well known financial sector business, who are growing their team and are looking for an experienced Design Practice Lead, to join them for either a permanent or contract role.
This role offers an exciting opportunity leading a team of designers, BA’s and SMEs; working across research, systems and service design initiatives to ensure they are delivering a number one digital experience to their clients, advisers and employees.
Within this role you will have 2 direct reports, with the vision to grow this team.
What you will do:
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand the opportunities within the business (both new and existing streams of work) and scope, estimate and collaborate on the development of roadmaps to deliver value through design activities
- Lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team across multiple initiatives
- Design and facilitate workshops for alignment, ideation and iteration, for small and large groups, remotely and in person
- Visualise complex system and service interactions to inform the roadmap to deliver complex transformation objectives
- Conduct formative, generative, and evaluative research activities to identify insights from customers, employees and stakeholders using qualitative and quantitative methods, such as unmoderated testing and moderated interviews, surveys and assist with research recruitment.
- Design customer centric service and product solutions within a complex ecosystem, enterprise applications and create/evolve design standards.
- Advocate for the customer through research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and presentations.
We are ideally looking for:
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in design and 2 + years recent experience as a Lead Designer
- An excellent portfolio showcasing in-depth knowledge and experience of Interaction Design and Service Design across varied users, business problems, systems and services
- Knowledge and experience leading complex transformation initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Human Computer-Interaction or equivalent practical experience.
- End to end experience of managing design activities across the user-centred design process including strong design research skills, iterative design and prototyping and facilitation of usability testing.
- Highly skilled in design tools such as Sketch, FIgma, Adobe Creative Suite.
Desired skills & experience (not essential):
- Knowledge and experience working on complex transformation initiatives
- Familiarity with, or willingness to learn Business Model Canvas, Value Proposition Canvas, Jobs to be done methodologies.
- Experience working within financial services, specifically wealth management.
This position offers competitive remuneration for either salary or day rate, a great team culture and a well recognised brand, don't wait apply now!
Please note we can only consider candidates with Australian work eligibility.
INTERESTED? Please connect with Kate - email@example.com & we can chat further re. the details.
KNOW SOMEONE AMAZING? I highly value referrals, pls share these details with anyone that may align
LOOKING FOR WORK, BUT THESE DON'T ALIGN? Please feel free to email me with an overview of what you're looking for, I would love to assist if I can.