- Sydney based. Initially remote, future onsite / remote blend
- Job Terms:
- Negotiable based on experience
- Posted By:
- Kate Verran
Aquent are looking to fill an amazing opportunity for a Lead Design Researcher to join a financial sector client, for a permanent role.
Are you a Design Research Lead with a deep curiosity to research, analyse and develop insights about clients' experiences, mindsets and behaviours? This role offers an exciting opportunity to help create exceptional customer experiences for a high profile financial sector client.
Your prior experience in identifying opportunities to gather data, analyse and deliver insights to drive transformational change will allow you to operate strategically, whilst your analytical mindset and passion for delivering improvements and uplift throughout various stages of the client journeys will see you thrive in this role.
- As an individual who has a strong ability to influence others, you will work collaboratively with stakeholders from across the business to apply your research knowledge and experience to define research topics, generate research, synthesise research for broad consumption.
- You will validate and test insights and contribute to agile processes across idea generation, prioritisation and evaluation of success criteria.
- You will be on the lookout for gaps in team knowledge and work with SME’s and stakeholders to close these gaps to create a robust framework of data driven / evidence-based decision making across initiatives.
- You will have a passion for ensuring that insights result in action and that we build out the right measurement frameworks to continue to measure, test and learn.
What you will do:
- Lead and execute strategic research activities across the end-to-end product development process.
- Design and plan creative research, including sample design, screeners, field guides, etc. within a collaborative multidisciplinary design team.
- Develop and evaluate user-centred metrics for product and services and suggest and integrate new methodologies/frameworks where appropriate.
- Develop standardized templates for data collection during studies.
- Build a shared database of research insights (a research repository) where findings from studies across the organization can be stored and shared with other teams.
- Develop organisational understanding of customer insights through regular meetings or other avenues for sharing and updating the organisation about known user insights.
- Make research findings relevant and impactful for design, through a variety of formats such as reports, presentations, and/or media to document and bring to life insights in an engaging and inspiring way.
- Collect and analyse user behaviour through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing).
We are ideally looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with applied quantitative and qualitative research design utilizing various methods including, but not limited to usability studies, contextual inquiry, sentiment analysis, behavioural assessment, usability testing, experiments, A/B or multivariate testing and surveys.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Ability to present and embed insights through excellent written and verbal communication across a blend of numbers, data and storytelling.
- Excellent facilitation and storytelling skills, ability to present your work and promote your ideas to various stakeholders.
Desired experience (not essential):
- Familiarity with common strategic and service design methodologies, such as journey maps, service blueprints, personas, and jobs to be done theory.
- An appreciation of ethnographic design research and co-design, with its similarities and differences to market research.
- Understanding of how to apply customer research and testing within an agile product development environment.
This position offers a competitive salary, a great team culture and a well recognised brand, don't wait apply now!!
Please note we can only consider candidates with Australian work eligibility.
INTERESTED? Please connect with Kate - email@example.com & we can chat further re. the details.
KNOW SOMEONE AMAZING? I highly value referrals, pls share these details with anyone that may align
LOOKING FOR WORK, BUT THESE DON'T ALIGN? Please feel free to email me with an overview of what you're looking for, I would love to assist if I can.