- Sydney based. Initially remote, future onsite / remote blend
- Job Terms:
- Negotiable based on experience
- Posted By:
- Kate Verran
We are looking for a Service Designer to join a consultancy for a permanent role, initially working within a specialised HCD team for a key program of work that is scheduled to run for approx 2 years.
This role would align well for a Service Designer who has experience working with large enterprise organisations, on complex, multi-faceted projects. Experience leading the Service Design vision across several project streams would be hugely beneficial.
This role offers a great opportunity to work on a high profile program of work, requiring enterprise-level Design-thinking that encompasses complex multi-channel scenarios and users.
You will be partnering closely with a very high profile client, embedded within their teams as specialists. You will NOT be required to work on pitching for the consultancy.
You will be joining the consultancy's established Design Thinking Practice, working alongside Service Designers, User Researchers and other UX / UI Design. This will be your base / community within the consultancy to keep you connected and supported during your time working onsite with the client on this large program of work. The longer term vision is that when the 2 year project wraps up, you either return to this Design Thinking team or you immerse within another program of work.
Experience & Skills:
- Taking Service Design projects from start to finish – beginning with research, concept exploration, integrating front / back-of-house service blueprint work, then interleaving and reviewing, right through to hand-off to UX Design / Delivery Teams.
- Experience working on enterprise level, highly complex projects, with multiple touchpoints
- Experience in developing a deep understanding of complex project eco-system (services, products, environments, processes) and how it relates to the deeper enterprise-scale systems and services – both technical and human, that provide the designed experience
- Ability to work hands-on and lead the service design part of projects from start to finish, appreciating both the big picture and detail work
- Expereince building robust relationship with cross-functional squads, the wider program teams, clients and stakeholders
- Ability to guide and coach others in Service Design approach, methods & artefacts.
- Ability to deliver artefacts like documentation, roadmaps, experience prototypes, service blueprints
- Experience facilitating workshops - plan, prepare, lead, document and follow-up.
- Expereince running workshops for various teams – internal, external, technical, contact centres, sales, organisational change, project work, training etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with enterprise-level software systems
- An understanding of business models and working generatively with them
- Experience prototyping services physically and digitally
- Expereince producing service design tools, templates & artefacts
- The ability to advocate for service design approach and share the positive impact
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Design, Engineering, Computer Science, Business or equivalent
- Commercial experience working in a Service Design focused role
Please note we can only consider candidates with Australian work eligibility.
INTERESTED? Please connect with Kate - email@example.com & we can chat further re. the details.
KNOW SOMEONE AMAZING? I highly value referrals, pls share these details with anyone that may align
LOOKING FOR WORK, BUT THESE DON'T ALIGN? Please feel free to email me with an overview of what you're looking for, I would love to assist if I can.