- Syd based for onsite / remote blend. Client may consider other Australian cities
- Job Terms:
- Negotiable based on experience
- Posted By:
- Kate Verran
We are looking for a number of User Researchers to join a consultancy for a permanent role, initially working within a specialised HCD team for a key program of work that is scheduled to run for approx 2 years.
These roles would align to Researchers who can play an active and primary role in enterprise-level Design-thinking projects, working comfortably with cross-disciplinary teams, to bring insights from research to advise the design of products and services.
This role offers a great opportunity to work on a high profile program of work, requiring enterprise-level Design-thinking that encompasses complex multi-channel scenarios and users.
You will be partnering closely with a very high profile client, embedded within their teams as specialists. You will NOT be required to work on pitching for the consultancy.
You will be joining the consultancy's established Design Thinking Practice, working alongside Service Designers, UX / UI Design and other User Researchers. This will be your base / community within the consultancy to keep you connected and supported during your time working onsite with the client on this large program of work. The longer term vision is that when the 2 year project wraps up, you either return to this Design Thinking team or you immerse within another program of work.
>> Design, Plan, and Conduct Research:
- We are interested in researchers who have experience designing and executing different types of user research like ethnography, exploratory research, UX research methods, using digital platforms for user research and secondary research.
- Evaluate project requirements, assessing available information/ data to ascertain gaps and scope questions for further exploration.
- Identify the appropriate sampling, research methodology, techniques and tools to achieve best results in the given situation
- Conduct research in a range of business contexts, such as B2C, B2B, B2E
- Find external networks that can be leveraged for the execution of the research
>> Present analysis, synthesis and insights:
- Ability to analyse & interpret verbal, non-verbal, cultural cues with confidence and rigor
- Ability to synthesise data sets to identify patterns, trends and key insights
- A good understanding of user segments, personas, user journeys to effectively articulate motivations and needs
- Work with the design team to ensure that the key insights are being effectively translated into design
The ideal candidate with have:
- A natural curiosity about people, human behaviour, and the motivations that drive behaviour
- The ability to analyse and synthesise information to identify insights and develop points of view and inspiration for design
- Ability to handle ambiguity and an enthusiasm to experiment with new ideas
- Strong communication skills, ability to tell the story with confidence and empathy
- Ability to manage exploratory user research, interviews, observations
- Leadership skills to focus and guide progress in creating the brief and executing
- Ability to adapt to different styles of organisation and communication
- A sense of humor and empathy
- A Degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Design or related fields
- Minimum 3 years of relevant research experience
- Have hands-on experience in conducting ethnographic research – both in person and online/ digital
Please note we can only consider candidates with Australian work eligibility.
INTERESTED? Please connect with Kate - email@example.com & we can chat further re. the details.
KNOW SOMEONE AMAZING? I highly value referrals, pls share these details with anyone that may align
LOOKING FOR WORK, BUT THESE DON'T ALIGN? Please feel free to email me with an overview of what you're looking for, I would love to assist if I can.