- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Annie Sharrock
Working for a specialist digital analytics and experimentation consultancy, you will be helping some of Australia’s most recognised brands improve their customer experience through data and marketing technology.
Responsible for the day to day of client project management; from client briefing to final project approvals and reporting, and every step in between. The role covers account and project management tasks.
You will also be accountable for some day-to-day operational tasks with the direct support of the delivery management team and assistance from the wider team.
You will need to be detail oriented and be able to keep track of schedules, budgets, and have a good understanding of digital project processes and workflows throughout the various stages.
To be successful in this role, you will have at least 5 years’ experience managing high profile digital projects, preferably with a history of working in other consultancies and/or agencies.
You will need to be an energetic, dynamic, and personable collaborative team member, with the initiative to make decisions on your own.
You must have excellent communication (verbal and written) & interpersonal skills. Well presented, quietly confident, and passionate about learning from the existing team.
- Act as a key part of the initial engagement with our clients, establish a presence, and be able to lead and guide the ongoing relationship.
- Confirm each engagement approach, methodology and processes, including client's project management requirements and ceremonies.
- Be responsible for the management of project plans, timelines, and budgets throughout project including change management, to ensure they are met. An ability to recognise and raise issues that affect successful outcome of project prior to project going over budget/timeline is essential.
- Report and communicate project status effectively (includes issues reporting and escalating appropriately).
- Proactively create client WIPs, facilitate the WIPs, and clearly assign any actions and outcomes.
- Facilitate engagement kick off and retro sessions, as well as action the outcomes.
- Proactively manage client relationships, checking in regularly and building a deeper relationship.
- Be responsible for project statement of work documents, the sourcing of estimates from consultants, monitor the engagement effort estimate vs actual effort, and identify & enact changes to improve efficiency.
- Prepare engagement statements of work and briefs, gaining client approval as required.
- Support business development across existing clients covering our range of services.
- Provide quality control across client deliverables, ensuring they align to the approved client brief.
- Manage work allocation internally, balancing team capacity/capability with client needs/risks.
- Assist in the management of team leave against capacity and client expectations, ensuring affected clients are informed and have alternate options.
- Proactively recognise, raise, and resolve operational issues as appropriate.
- Assist in the management of the platforms we operate internally to deliver our services.
- Work closely with our consulting team to ensure our clients are always informed, engaged and happy.
- Assist in the development and refinement of templates (presentation, SOW, briefs, project plans, etc) and standardised processes for our common engagements and deliverables as required.
- Own the statement of work and other project management templates, updating them when required in consultation with the wider team.
- Monitor engagement effort estimate vs actual effort and identify and enact changes to improve efficiency.
Key Selection Criteria:
- At least 5 years' experience as a project manager, digital producer, or directly related experience, preferably with a history of working in consultancies and/or agencies.
- Demonstrated project management experience and a professional business orientation, together with analytical, planning, organisational and stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in creating scope, functional and technical requirements documentation, and the ability to manage multiple projects to deadline and within budget.
- Effective communication, negotiation, and motivation skills with an ability to present and promote ideas, projects, and strategic objectives to internal and external groups.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to present and promote ideas and strategic objectives to internal and external groups at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience leading project development throughout the full lifecycle of analysis, development, implementation, and support to ensure achievement of milestones and goals.
- Highly developed organisational skills with a commitment to meeting deadlines and an understanding of project management principles, application development methodologies and experience in the use of quality processes and testing.