- Aus remote
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Rosie McAlister
Our client is an Australian company who is leading the way in consulting and technology. We are working with their accessibility team to find a Senior Digital Accessibility Specialist.
About the role:
As their Senior Accessibility Specialist, you will be a part of a critical team that drive the improvement of The Inclusive Digital Assets, so they can deliver a superior experience to all their customers.
- You will use your deep expertise in inaccessibility to significantly improve accessibility maturity. In alignment with company business strategy and legal requirements, you will consult on project-specific work and build capability within the group and broader community.
- This role will be a 6 months rolling contract with the view to extend or go permanent.
- Use a customer-centric accessibility focus to advocate for People with Disabilities needs
- Applying best practices design and development methodologies when consulting into all Digital products and services
- Unlock capability and capacity by advocating the value of accessibility
- Work closely with and advise designers, developers, QAs, POs, and producers to conduct assessments against WCAG2.1 and accessibility best practice on multiple platforms (web, android, and iOS)
- Build other peoples’ capability by creating and facilitating informal training sessions
- Work with missions and project teams to clearly uncover defects through auditing, influence designs and provide actionable recommendations on accessibility solutions
- Work closely with the Design system team to ensure accessibility is built into new component patterns
- Conduct research on Accessibility related issues using sound and appropriate industry methodologies and feed insights to the core team to drive continuous improvement.
- Promote and support best practices in relation to accessibility testing.
- Contribute to and support the execution of the Digital Accessibility Strategy and Accessibility Action Plan
- Manage risk by monitoring controls to ensure sustainable business and customer outcomes
- Maintain a high level of capability in digital accessibility standards, protocols, methods and requirements, including new and emerging technologies, tools, systems and processes so that you can model continuous learning and actively provide coaching and mentoring of less experienced team and community members
Skills we are looking for:
- Disability awareness knowledge
- Inclusive design practices, technical accessibility, and digital accessibility best practices
- WCAG guidelines and legal regulations knowledge
- Assistive technologies used by People with Disabilities (e.g. screen readers and Voiceover)
- WAI-ARIA principles
- Knowledge of testing Accessibility evaluation tools and methods
- Testing accessibility across multiple platforms (desktop, iOS and Android)
- Able to support accessible product development from design through development to
- 100% remote within Australia
- Supportive and diverse workplace culture
- Professional team environment
- Competitive daily rate
INTERESTED? If this role sounds like just what you’re looking for, I would love to chat further. Please contact Rosie - email@example.com and we can organise a time to discuss the details.
KNOW SOMEONE SUITABLE? Please feel free to share/forward this role to anyone you feel may be a match. We have a great referral bonus and can hook you up with $$ for anyone you refer that we place into this (or other) roles.