- Job Terms:
- Negotiable based on experience
- Posted By:
- Rosie McAlister
Brilliant opportunity for a Design System Lead to join the leadership team for a larger utility provider.
- Leads a pool of Experience Designers and Researchers assigned and embedded within or across allocated scrum teams.
- Oversees and guides the emerging experience design to ensure consistency of the customer experience across channels as well as ensure consistency across various digital teams.
- Articulates and sells design vision to senior leadership in the organization and beyond.
- Work with Product delivery leads to contribute to the prioritisation process to ensure customer value is well represented
- Work with development teams and contribute to Agile ceremonies through to delivery.
- Translate abstract concepts into elegant experiences and user interfaces that clearly communicate benefits to users.
- Provide direction, develop and mentor design team members.
- Iterate and incorporate insights from design research, user testing and market insights into designs and experiences.
- Adopt and promote a research-led approach to experience design guiding the team to use a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methods to identify customer needs and deliver insights
- Collaborate with other experience design leads to ensure the customer experiences are seamless across channels.
- Hands on role with a combination of managing the team and being on the tools - particularly during ideation and shaping to help guide the teams design direction.
- Maximising team engagement & retention by supporting an environment in which people are proud to work in.
Qualifications, key skills and experience required
- Strong presentation, communication, and relationship management skills.
- An excellent portfolio showcasing your work.
- A systems-thinking mindset for creating journeys, patterns and components.
- A firm grasp of accessibility, responsive design, native standards, common UI patterns and usability best practices.
- Experience mentoring creative teams with proven ability to drive a collaborative culture across a dispersed team.
- Exceptional Native (iOS/Android) design sense and design strategy with the ability to provide clear, critical design reviews to project teams.
INTERESTED? If this role sounds like just what you’re looking for, I would love to chat further. Please contact Rosie - email@example.com and we can organise a time to discuss the details.
KNOW SOMEONE SUITABLE? Please feel free to share/forward this role to anyone you feel may be a match. We have a great referral bonus and can hook you up with $$ for anyone you refer that we place into this (or other) roles.