- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Annie Sharrock
Senior Project Manager - AGILE - Creative Design Teams
This is an excellent opportunity to join an enthusiastic and dedicated team, working with a global publisher of print and digital education products at the forefront of digital technology developing resources for the educational market.
Working closely with creative and technical teams, you will be guiding and mentoring teams that are in the early stages of transitioning from the more traditional waterfall methods of delivery to Agile practices.
You will contribute to defining problems and scope, creating solutions, and delivering final solutions. Besides managing product and project risks, you'll also be managing team communication and health.
- Develop and cultivate strategic, team and stakeholder relationships
- Align the project with the goals and objectives of the business through the briefing process
- Provide the team with ongoing direction for digital and UX research projects briefed
- Conduct high-level project planning and identify milestones during proposal preparation for Product Managers
- Co-ordinate resource allocations to maximise performance across multiple projects
- Define and handle dependencies of a project with Content Delivery teams
- Monitor milestones and evaluate progress continuously
- Identify variances in project progress and be proactive in helping teams to realign
- Proactively spot and drive opportunities to simplify workflows
- Report project status, e.g., cost, schedule, quality, and risks, to Project Manager and Senior Stakeholders when required
- Work across all phases of project development, from Define & Ideation & Design through to Build & Release
- Help support UX designers responsible for the design and execution of the research and the sense-making that follows
- Partner with the Director, Design strategy on setting the overall Project strategy and recommended approach for Senior Team members
- Provide transparency of project status and issues to senior management
- Provide targeted communication to all team members to ensure clear understanding of dependencies, deliverables, and issues and to measure and handle stakeholder expectations.
- Manage external development scrum teams
- Manage, mentor and coach other Agile PM’s
Your experience will include:
- 5+years’ experience in a project management role with demonstrated ability to deliver on time, high quality work
- 3+ years in developing digital products and software applications
- Record of leading process improvement and outsourcing initiatives successfully, to assist teams in adapting to change, and to solve problems effectively
- Experience contributing to proposals by collaborating and negotiating with multi- disciplinary teams to craft delivery approach, team required and cost estimates to deliver.