An online service that provides designer dress and accessory rentals is seeking a CMS Manager to join their team!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: ongoing
- Report To: Lead PM on Creative Team
- Team: sitting under creative umbrella — content marketing, creative, PM and engineering
- This is a backfill, the current CMS Manager is not technical enough.
- They are looking for someone technical who would be embedded within their creative team and a key liaison between Content Marketing, Creative, and Product/Engineering to deliver digital (desktop, mobile, app) execution of marketings directives.
- Most of it is written in JSON
- Familiarize themselves with complex nuances of CMS, custom built.
- 70% of time is spent inside CMS in working to improve their engagement with its obvious limitations
- Basic knowledge of SEO/SEM
- Really interested in applying data
- Need to be able to communicate with creative and developers
- Won’t be creating content, but taking direction from Content Strategist
- Weekly/bi-weekly content refreshes all discussed with Content Marketing Team on quarterly basis. Person must coordinate content for refreshes. Weekly meetings facilitated by Lead PM and this person will be supporting them with the details.
- Organize a key sign and app document
- Interview Process: 1-2 phont interviews, 1-2 in-person interveiws
- eCommerce is critical
- 4 years managing CMS for eComm or content company
We’re looking for a smart and highly organized CMS Manager with strong interest in engineering and managing the content experience for an e-commerce site and app within a highly collaborative environment. You’re the perfect candidate for our CMS Manager role if you are excited to work with and adapt/mold a proprietary CMS that supports HTML and JSON, launching A/B tests, and launching data-driven marketing in a creative environment. You thrive in a multi-faceted and fast-paced environment, and have the ability to seamlessly manage multiple complex digital initiatives in realistic timeframes, all while bringing contagiously positive, collaborative energy and creativity to work each day.
- In accordance with (quarterly) business initiatives and marketing calendar, and in collaboration with full Content Marketing and Visual Creative teams - carefully plan, facilitate and execute content refreshes, campaigns, new landing pages etc. for both website and mobile app
- In the content update planning process, work collaboratively and cross-functionally to clearly communicate expectations around timing for each stage of content update and process
- Continuously document best practices within the CMS in order to adapt and evolve the discipline of content management over time
- Identify new ways to innovate in the content management discipline, whether it’s new formats or ways of execution to create new experiences within our CMS
- Continuously optimize current CMS tools and elements to improve the overall front-end customer experience and ability to support various forms of content
- Manage content audits to ensure our platform ecosystem is consistent across both site and app
- Support launching A/B tests and optimizations to current content to increase conversion based upon data and user behavior
- Establish content infrastructure to easily manage and distribute content by working closely with back-end and front-end developers, ensuring components and templates are fully functional and live seamlessly within the .com ecosystem
- BA/BS in Computer Science preferred or equivalent related degree/practical experience
- 4+ years managing a CMS for an ecommerce or content company
- 1-2+ years of professional experience working in HTML and JSON
- Experience working with Creative team members to VQA digital artwork and content prior to publication
- Naturally comfortable functioning at the nexus of multiple cross-functional teams in a highly collaborative capacity, capitalizing on superior communication skills to support content update schedule
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines under pressure with little management
- Ability to understand, diagnose, and effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Ability to handle ambiguous problems and make independent decisions on appropriate tradeoffs without compromising quality
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of project details as well as the sum total of a project’s parts
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Interested in a mid-level role with strong potential for future growth path within the Creative or Engineering team