Aquent is looking for a User Experience Designer for our client in Austin, TX. This is a full time, onsite, 12 month assignment with benefits - medical, dental, vision, 401K. This person will be responsible for delivering human-centered design focused on complex customer activities within the financial services industry. User Experience Designer's work alongside other agency creatives, marketing leaders, developers, content strategists, and project managers to provide unique solutions. Responsiblities include:
• Advocate for user needs.
• Lead strategy for large and small projects, such as website redesigns, microsites, email designs, financial literacy campaigns, social media, and more.
• Apply your passion for new ideas and strategies to achieving our clients’ goals and delivering successful outcomes.
• Consult on process and methodology, bringing smart and quick strategic solutions to planning discussions with account and project management team members.
• Perform product and user research when appropriate, and bring those insights to creative partners in ways that help them engage with and deeply understand what we’ve learned.
• Partner with stakeholders (brand, design, technology) to define design patterns
What you have:
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of human-centered design, Lean UX, and associated competencies that are used for achieving successful results. Candidates should be able to demonstrate aspects of this in past work.
We place a premium on:
• Work samples (fully annotated wireframes, user flows, customer journey mapping, functional specifications, etc.) that show evidence of design problem solving to translate business problems and requirements into compelling human experiences
• Experience reviewing website analytics, setting up remote testing studies, observing and/or reviewing third-party qualitative findings, and applying them to improve user engagement and conversion
• Ability to interpret and synthesize research findings for project teams and leadership
• Financial institution expertise (or subject matter expertise in similar verticals/highly regulated industries)
• Experience designing patterns/components for CMS platforms, particularly Drupal.
Background and essential skills:
• BA/BFA in a related field
• 3-5 years as a UX Designer or a related role, such as a UX architecture or similar role such as interaction design, information architecture, or user research.
• Ability to work in an environment/on projects that have a high level of ambiguity, and willingness to embrace creative constraints and help find solutions.
Proven ability to work across disciplines and present effectively to clients.
• Passion for sharing subject matter expertise, knowledge, and best practices
• Proficient in design tools like Sketch, Omnigraffle, Axure
• Experienced with all aspects of a user-centered interaction design process, including user research, developing user flows, creating wireframes, conducting usability tests and creating annotated design specifications.
• Strong understanding of Drupal or similar content management frameworks