We are seeking an experienced mid-level Packaging Designer who is passionate about design and innovation to join this beauty brands Print/Packaging team. The mid-level Designer, Packaging will design the evolution of the companies packaging and print. This person must be an innovator and artist with an elevated approach to manifesting the brand’s edgy DNA through packaging and in-store/in-salon touch points that is both compelling and easily digestible.
The primary role will be to support the Design Director of Packaging and Visual Merchandising as well as collaborative work with Product Marketing and Product Development in the creation of artwork that supports the greater brand vision.
• Ability to draw or create and written type in line with brands aesthetic is a major plus.
• Be considerate of cell-phone based sales platform addition to traditional sale channel such as retail and salon.
• Create innovative, 3D designs and package design layouts, to help drive overall brand strategy with guidance from manager.
• Ensure continued innovation, while in adherence to brand guidelines.
• Collaborate with product development, product marketing and packaging development to create highly desired designs Retail Experience
• Ability to create compelling, disruptive yet elevated design work.
• Thinks outside of the box and leverage knowledge of competitive landscape and trends.
• Ensure to always have “finger on the pulse”.
• Differentiated, innovative packaging with an understanding of how to design packaging for a mobile-first world.
• Visual Merchandising and print experience.
• Ability to balance multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Artistic backgrounds in areas like sculpture and illustration (nice to have)
• Keen understanding of current trends in beauty, fashion, design, pop culture and emerging technologies.
• Curious about everything! Willing to learn and get inspired. Treat challenges as an opportunity to push boundaries. Able to create something out of nothing.
• Collaborative attitude: Eagerness to work with cross-functional creative, marketing and other teams. Willing to roll up sleeves and dive in on a variety of projects small and large.
• Basic production experience. Knowledge of artwork release and production process is a plus.
• Work ethic is highly valued, respect others in the office and team directions.
• Positive attitude. Bring solutions to the table when facing challenges. Skill to manage stress.
• A “go-getter”
• Can-do attitude and creative spirit.
• 3-5 years of related experience with strong packaging design background, production, print design and typography (experience in beauty, fashion or hair is a plus)
• A keen understanding of visual communications in specialty-multi.
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant work experience.
• Excellent visual design aesthetic
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite. Must be excellent at illustrator, photoshop and indesign.
• Ability to quickly turn around detailed comps/mockups in an iterative environment
• Unwavering attention to detail
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to work cross-team, design and synthesize feedback and input from stakeholders
• The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multitask
HOW YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL
• Identifies innovative opportunities and provides feedback on possible actions.
• Problem solves by creating new approaches, seeking ideas and suggestions when appropriate.
• Encourages self and others to be creative in their approach to the team tasks.
• Understands needs of Creative and its consumers in order to build effective partnerships.
• Taps into informal network to gain support for ideas/projects.
• Treats others with respect and concern.
• Adapts to new environments, processes and teams.
• Ability to proactively seek diversification of knowledge, skills and abilities.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs