Our client is a large financial institution and they are looking for mid to senior level Thought Leadership Writers to join their team for on-going freelance work. This Thought Leadership Writer opportunity is REMOTE, on an as needed basis so could be anywhere from 10 to 30 hours a week. The candidate must be able to get into an office to pick up a laptop.
Our client is looking for Thought Leadership Writers to write long form copy for two different areas of the business. The first is for the tech and digital line of business and the second is for the future workforce planning line of business. Writers with experience is either area is a necessity. Journalistic reviews or reviews from Tech MIT or tech startups are interesting! No writing that is academic, boring, or riddled with business jargon and cliches!
Thought Leadership Responsibilities:
- Someone who can frame core ideas as they speak with subject matter experts inside and outside the firm. The person is poised, credible, and communicates clearly, as much of the interaction is with partners.
- Someone who can draw business implications of technical or strategic matters out of subject matter experts. The person must be a seasoned business writer.
- Someone who can express the ideas with vigor in written work. We would look for evidence of this in the portfolio they submit.
- Someone who can conduct their own secondary or desktop research to support core ideas and anticipate objections to them.
- Someone who can uncover and highlight what makes company insights different and new.
- Someone who can write in the company brand voice. Basically, we believe clear thinking + clear writing = valuable advice.
- Someone who is organized about scoping work, sequencing work, and submitting interim deliverables (core idea, abstract, outline, first draft) and the final manuscript.
- Someone who is a stickler for deadlines.