What's your area of expertise?
I specialise in Digital Marketing, Content & Analytics recruitment — both freelance, contract and permanent.
What types of roles do you recruit for?
Roles ranging from Head of Marketing, Digital Marketing/Ecommerce Manager, Social Media Manager, Content Producer, Account Manager, Account Executive, Data Analyst, Digital Analyst, Digital Marketing Specialist, and Copywriter!
Why do you love what you do?
COVID’s silver lining has been the massive amount of empathy I now have for candidates who find themselves out of work, as I was in the exact same situation prior to working for Aquent! I love helping being able to help people get back on their feet.
What industry experience/expertise are you looking for in Digital Marketing, Content & Analytics Talent?
This can vary depending on the role, but a constant thing I’m always on the lookout for is great communication skills — whether it’s being able to tell the story of data to non-technical stakeholders or collaborating with other areas of the business to ensure the right content gets published.
Some common software requirements I see are Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Google Analytics.
What are your top 3 tips for Marketing Talent looking for new job opportunities?
- Build a relationship with a recruiter that you trust, even when you’re not looking for work!
- Ensure that your LinkedIn profile is up-to-date with your key achievements highlighted and links to your portfolio. Think of it as your shop window, same with your CV.
- Build your own networks through live or online networking groups.
Describe an ideal client relationship
Transparency from both parties is key and a succinct interview process is vital in this current, fast-paced climate. Great talent may have multiple options on the table, so a streamlined process could be the major deciding factor for them.
What are your top 3 tips for managers looking to hire marketers?
- Try to keep the interview process to one or two stages, depending on if it’s a freelance or permanent opportunity.
- Due to the competitive nature of the market and a shortage of experienced marketing talent available, compromise may be needed to get someone on board. This may be in the form of an excellent talent who may slightly more junior, but keen to learn and grow with the business!
- Flexible working arrangements are key. Attitudes about remote working have changed over the past 12 months, and it’s quickly become a must-have for many of our Talents. This is a great thing for businesses as well as it opens up the talent pool to fantastic interstate Talent!
How do people get in touch with you?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 03 9244 9999