One of our best property clients is seeking an experienced Design Director (Pitch) to join their Pacific Pitch Management team and work on their top-tier campaigns for the Pacific region, as well as lead a small team of talented designers.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
A leading and globally recognized player in the property services industry, our client is a Fortune 500 company and one of the world's largest integrated commercial real estate & investment services. They offer a broad range of integrated services and more than 450 offices worldwide!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As the Design Director of Pitch Management, Pacific, you will play a key role in managing the pitch/pursuit process on major Pacific potential clients by guiding and producing high-quality print & digital pitches and sales aids for the business. You will work alongside senior leaders and internal bussiness stakeholders to conceptualize top-tier campaign visuals and curate key messages.
- 80% of the time, you’ll be doing hands-on design for top-tier pursuits, including print and digital.
- 20% of your time, you’ll spend on team management – lead by example and play a direct role in critiquing and enhancing your team’s work
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a keen eye for concept development, an abudance of creativity, and the ability to visually tell a story and 'desig for message' will be essential in this role!
As the Design Director of Pitch Management, Pacific, you will be accountable for two key deliverables —
- Cleverly designing for message (not just making things look good) on our company’s top-tier pursuits
- Inspiring a very talented design team to elevate and enhance their work.
- Partner with pitch managers to understand pursuit strategy and messaging
- Articulate and produce visual stories, including strong data visualisation
- Be a subject matter expert with creative exploration — challenge yourself
- Be passionate about new design mediums, upcoming technology and creative trends
- Provide guidance on concept development for designers, especially in the briefing stage
- Drive and cascade best practices to direct reports — lead by example
- Present confidently and articulate rationale
- Work with Head of Pitch Management on design team KPIs and career plans
- Display exceptional time management and prioritisation skills
- Attend design expos (eg Semi Permanent) and demonstrate ROI by applying new techniques
- Handle multiple deadlines and deliver on time, every time, in a fast-paced environment
- Deliver a job from brief to execution
- Build graphics from scratch on digital applications
- Educate the team on technique, applications and processes
- 7 years’ high-end design experience
- 5 years’ experience leading, inspiring and mentoring a team
- Extensive experience cleverly designing for message, not just making things look good
- Proven track record in delivering visually striking designs with strong design concepts
- Exceptional problem-solving, brainstorming and visual storytelling experience
- Proven ability to coach and inspire a talented team to do their best work
- Experience managing and making a remote team feel connected (Ideal)
- Demonstrated ability in delivering results within tight deadlines
- Proven ability to build effective relationships team members and key stakeholders
- Proven ability to remain flexible and adapt to changes in pursuit direction
- Exceptional Adobe Creative Suite skills, including super-speedy short-cuts
- Advanced PowerPoint design skills — or passion to learn
- Basic project/time management software (eg Sling, Function Fox, Asana)
- Basic skills with digital applications (eg Readymag, Google Earth Pro, WordsFlow)
- Basic skills with Final Cut Pro and video editing suites
- Basic photography and videography skills
- HTML5/Coding an advantage
- Superior attention to detail with a proven ability to remain task-focused
If you feel this role is the right fit for your skillsets and that it sounds like an opportunity you may be interested in & would like to learn more about the client / role / team /etc., please apply ASAP with you most up-to-date CV & Portfolio highlighting relevant experience/projects. Or email directly to Ellie Doran at firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks!
*The client is looking to move quickly and eager to set up interviews ASAP!