What's your area of expertise?
I specialise in Human Centered Design (HCD), which puts the people that we’re designing for at the heart of the process. So, anything creative from UX and UI, to 3D and 2D creative design.
What types of roles do you recruit for?
Everything from freelance and perm Creative Directors, plus all levels of UX and UI, 2D and 3D Motion Designers, Digital Designers, Graphic Designers, and Finished Artists.
Why do you love what you do?
I love finding work for superstar Talent that reflects exactly what they are great at and being able to help them work out their career path for the future.
I also love working with our clients; solving their challenges and working with them to find solutions.
What industry experience/expertise are you looking for in Talent?
Anything creative! I look after such a wide range of Talent and roles that it’s really hard to pinpoint a specific industry background that I’m on the lookout for.
What are your top 3 tips for Digital Design Talent looking for new job opportunities?
- Make sure your portfolio is up-to-date when actively looking for work.
- Be able to articulate, in simple terms, what you did and what part you played in the design process.
- Make sure your LinkedIn profile is updated with all your contact details and a link to your website or portfolio.
What makes an ideal client relationship?
Open and honest communication is a must, with regular communication from both the hiring manager and the recruiter.
What are your top 3 tips for hiring managers?
- Be patient. It’s a tough market right now and great talent aren’t always seeking out new jobs. We’re keeping our ears to the ground and approaching them.
- Don’t always try to replace someone with exactly the same skills. Be open-minded about what the next person could bring to the table that might be different and complement your team.
- Don’t aim for Talent to be in the office 5 days a week anymore. Top Talent are looking for flexibility.
Outside of work, what do you love doing?
I am a huge fan of kickboxing, so you’ll find me training during the week. I also like to balance that out with doing yoga!
How do people get in touch with you?
From Buzzword To Culture: Why Sustainability Should Be A Priority For Companies
Aquent News, Industry Trends, Sustainability, Thought Leadership
Climate Change Requires Urgent Action From Leaders. Here’s How.
Aquent News, Sustainability, Thought Leadership
Meet Me In A Minute: Lisa Tahu, Design & Development Talent Agent