What's your area of expertise to recruit in as a Talent Agent?
Here at Aquent, I'm a Talent Agent who specialises in recruitment solutions in the design world across freelance, contract and permanent roles.
What types of roles do you recruit for?
The types of roles I look after range from graphic design, digital and visual design, finished art, art direction and studio management; all the way to UX/UI and product design.
Why do you love what you do?
My underlying motivation is to help people, and I love incredible outcomes – this lights up my soul.
I genuinely care about people's career pathways, and forming strong relationships with talent to find the right opportunities for the right people. It's not about getting people in seats, but rather finding aligned opportunities for Talent that they'll love. Finding solutions for clients and pinpointing aligned skill sets and cultures that make for excellent fits.
What industry experience/expertise are you looking for in Talent?
I partner with clients across retail and corporate sectors, in agencies and across Government, financial and e-commerce. I look for Talent with a minimum of 4-5 years of experience in the Australian market, great communication skills and the ability to represent their experience in a polished Portfolio.
As a Talent Agent, what are your top 3 tips for design Talent looking for new job opportunities?
- Create a Portfolio that truly represents you! Walk the walk and design your portfolio to showcase your skills in the areas you're experienced in. Your portfolio is your own brand and something you can build on throughout your career so lay strong foundations.
- Keep your LinkedIn and CV up to date to enable us and prospective employers to seamlessly have insight into your experience.
- Practise talking about your experience! It might feel uncomfortable at first, but the goal is to get comfortable with this and be open to hearing about opportunities in the marketplace.
What makes an ideal client relationship?
Consistent communication. I love forming genuine connections with my clients and understanding their needs. Being open and honest and engaged is the key and this is where your success is found.
What are your top 3 tips for hiring managers?
- Be open to Talent that don't tick each and every one of your boxes. All Talent are unique and in different stages of their career; the perfect fit could be someone you've dismissed because of a single skill that can be learned on the tools.
- Our Recruiters are here to support your success—the more in-depth your briefings are, the more aligned the Talent we can resource to your needs. Communication is everything. Make yourself available to recruiters and provide thorough job descriptions for roles.
- Finding strong matches can take time. Be both open and patient.
Outside of work as a Talent Agent, what do you love doing?
I'm an avid weightlifter and I love a great workout, as well as being outside and exploring with my son. There's adventure in both of us—I'm talking bush walks, ocean swims and our newly reclaimed passion for surfing. You'll find us at the beach at sunrise whenever we can.
How do people get in touch with you?
From Buzzword To Culture: Why Sustainability Should Be A Priority For Companies
Aquent News, Industry Trends, Sustainability, Thought Leadership
Climate Change Requires Urgent Action From Leaders. Here’s How.
Aquent News, Sustainability, Thought Leadership
Meet Me In A Minute: Luis Diaz, Design & Development Talent Agent