What's your area of expertise?
I specialise in helping people within the Digital Design & Development space find their dream job!
What types of roles do you recruit for?
I mainly work with UX, UI, Product Designers, and any design roles within the creative space.
Why do you love what you do?
I love that I get to spend my days talking to talented designers and hearing about their passions and what drives them.
Being able to understand what a candidate is really looking for before helping them find their perfect job is so rewarding! I love knowing that I can make a positive difference to their lives.
What are your top 3 tips for Digital Talent looking for new job opportunities?
- Make sure your LinkedIn profile is optimised and all your details are up to date.
- Create a PDF portfolio of your work and really spend some time making sure it’s beautiful.
- Be open to opportunities that are a little different!
What makes an ideal client relationship?
A genuine 2 way street with open and honest communication.
The best candidate relationships that I’ve had are with people who are open to taking on feedback, responsive, and great at keeping me in the loop of where they are at with the process, and in return, I make sure I do the same.
What are your top 3 tips for hiring managers?
- Be ready to take action as soon as you receive a candidate's details, it’s a hot market for talent and they aren’t going to sit around waiting!
- Give feedback straight after an interview — it’s only fair.
- Be open to exploring candidates that might be slightly outside of the box.
Outside of work, what do you love doing?
I have a 15-month-old daughter so she keeps me pretty busy outside of work. I am also very passionate about strength training and I’m always working on getting a new PB for my deadlift!
In the other spare few minutes that I might find, I love chilling on the couch with my husband and watching the latest Netflix series or dreaming about building our own house while we watch Grand Designs.
How do people get in touch with you?
From Buzzword To Culture: Why Sustainability Should Be A Priority For Companies
Aquent News, Industry Trends, Sustainability, Thought Leadership
Climate Change Requires Urgent Action From Leaders. Here’s How.
Aquent News, Sustainability, Thought Leadership
Meet Me In A Minute: Lisa Tahu, Design & Development Talent Agent